Rude Cell Phone Behavior

Have you been the victim of rude cell phone behavior? Well, here's your opportunity to read and to rant and to do something about it. Send your stories to esmesblog@sbcglobal.net

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Le Frite Restaurant

Last night I had dinner at a nice French restaurant. I had the choice of sitting in the back or sitting in what they called the patio area. It was an indoor patio, very bright, very pleasant. Until three tables away from me a group of women pulled out a cellphone, turned the speakerphone feature on, and started having a chat. In the middle of a nice French restaurant. Wow. It is bad enough just listening to someone talk on the phone but to have to hear a conference call was a little much. I asked to move to the back. "Do they think they're in their own living room?" I asked the waiter. "This is a RESTAURANT."

The wait staff was totally on my side and they told me that rude cell phone behavior happens all the time. They said that there is a regular who comes in for lunch and just chats the whole time.
I could see the group of women from where I was sitting in the back and they pulled out the cell phone again towards the end of their meal. I don't know if they were having another speakerphone talk or if they were using the camera feature on the phone and documenting their rude obnoxiousness.

After they left, the waiter told me he did not give them premiere service....the food was good and the staff was nice. They need to work on their clientele.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home